Maintenance of Aluminum Frames
The aluminum frames of DAUWIN® are manufactured in the ultramodern manufacturing factory of the company, according to the strictest quality standards set by the EU. The components of frames are imported from the most specialized component manufacturing plants of Germany, while continuous checks during their implementation ensure excellent final frames in regard to safety, functionality and aesthetic.
In addition, aluminum, as a material, is characterized by its excellent durability and usability in extreme outdoor conditions. However, careful cleaning and proper maintenance – repair of aluminum frames, wherever and whenever needed, prolong the service life and maintain all the properties of the frame.
- Select a time of the day when the sun is not vertical to the surface of the frames. This might be in the early morning or late afternoon during the summer months.
- Be sure to keep your door & window frames clean. At regular intervals and whenever necessary, clean the frames with a soft sponge with mild detergent (special mild liquid soap without acid and alkaline compounds and without chlorine, dish soap, etc.). Gently remove unwanted dirt, without rubbing with sharp objects or wire surfaces.
- For persistent dirt, please contact the vendor of the frames to possibly recommend you a cleanser, which you can place insoluble on the surface for a while helping to an easier removal of dirt.
- Clean the rails of the frames with a vacuum cleaner to remove whatever prevents proper motion and then wipe on their surface with a damp soft cloth. Do not pour water and do not leave it to stand.
For proper maintenance
- All mechanisms that support the proper functioning, safety and mounting of the frames need lubrication to continue to function properly and smoothly. Ask the seller company for lubricants of the components. You can carry out the lubrication yourselves using specific products available on the market (WD – 40 antirust spray lubricant) or let a technician of the company to do it for you.
- Make an appointment with a technician of DAUWIN® to inspect and maintain the parts that wear out easily, such as rubbers, brushes, etc.
- If you find that the frames are difficult to operate at opening, closing or reclining, please do not hesitate to contact a technical company. The difficulty to move a frame indicates a problem that must be solved immediately and responsible for this task is a specialized technician. Do not attempt to take to correct the problem yourselves.
Please remember to call a technical on anything you do not know regarding the cleaning and maintenance of your door & window frames. You will get immediate and authoritative answers and you will receive prompt and proper service, thereby enjoying the frames of your choice for a lifetime.