Maintenance of Synthetic Frames
The synthetic frames of DAUWIN® are manufactured at the company's modern factory in strict compliance with the rules and standards set by the EU. The frames are checked at all stages of production and are delivered for installation in perfect condition. Additionally, the proper installation and the excellent quality of their mounting and operational accessories ensure the desired safety, functionality and aesthetic, in combination with long life. The correct instructions for cleaning, usage and maintenance of the frames will further prolong the life of their properties.
- Immediately after their installation, ask the technicians of DAUWIN® to show you how to remove the outer protective transparent sheets (foil), which protect frames up to their fitting. Never leave them in place after installation. The sunlight will burn them and may also alter the surface beneath them.
- In cases where silicone residues or other material has stuck during the installation of the frames or in the general renovation/construction of the home, consult the technicians of DAUWIN® about which tools you should use to remove these (spatulas, special razors, etc.), as well as about how you should use them to remove unwanted materials without damaging the surface of frames.
- Always use mild detergents of special specifications, clean the door & window frames with a soft sponge (special mild liquid soap without acid and alkaline compounds and without chlorine, dish soap, etc.) for use in synthetic frames. If not, wear and alterations is likely to occur on the outer surface of the frames.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth and gently, without rubbing and pressing, remove dirt. If this persists, contact the technician of DAUWIN® to show you a material which will assist you with the proper cleaning.
For the maintenance
- Lubricate with (WD - 40 antirust spray lubricant) at regular intervals the external components of the frames, such as rubbers and support mechanisms (hinges, etc.). Get informed about the materials and ways of lubrication by the technicians of the company.
- Call a qualified technician to check both the overall state of the frame, and the functionality of the individual mechanisms, such as the lock function.
For the use
- Learn about the proper use of frames. Ask for brochures or talk to a technician about how to open and close them, how to use the reclining position or how to clean and maintain them.
- Aerate your home properly in order to avoid entrapment of moisture inside it. Regularly open all windows to create a wind draft and purify the atmosphere.
- Do not leave the windows to the reclined position. The desired ventilation is not achieved.
- During aeration of the house, also open the insect screens, if any, so that the air can circulate freely and be refreshed in the space quickly and correctly.
- Turn off the heating, while you aerate the house.
- In winter, open the heating before the temperature drops low (below 16 -17ο C). In this way, you will ensure low energy costs for heating the house, and you will avoid condensation inside the frames and glass panes.